About the Course
This course presents an earned value methodology that integrates project cost, schedule, and scope performance indicators to determine current project progress and predict future performance. Topics focus on analyzing project status data and interpreting the results. Actual work accomplished is compared with project baselines for performance analyses. The course also includes effective utilization of milestones as project performance indicators.
Training is delivered as an intermediate or advanced course based on the project management knowledge and experience of the target audience.
Topics are customized for the appropriate course level and client training requirements.
- Concept of Earned Value Management (EVM)
- Benefits and practicality of an EVM project control system
- Performance measurement baseline and foundation for EVM
- Variances and indices calculations
- Monitoring and forecasting project performance
- Project performance analysis
- Trend analysis
- Pitfalls in earned value applications and results
- Milestone development for effective performance measurement
- Meaningful performance status reporting
- Build a Performance Measurement Baseline using information provided in a project scenario
- Analyze project performance using project data provided in exercise scenarios
- Write an effective milestone statement to monitor project progress
- Share workplace project issues and questions for the instructor’s guidance and class discussion
- Capture key course “take-aways” to help better measure and forecast project performance
Training fees are dependent on class days, delivery options, number of course sessions, and customization. Please submit the “Quick Contact” form so that we can contact you and discuss your training needs and a corresponding fee structure.