About the Course
This course helps experienced project managers address schedule and resource challenges in today’s project environment. The course provides tools and techniques used to produce more realistic resource costs and schedule estimates. Three project scheduling approaches are considered: Critical Path Method (CPM), Critical Chain Project Management (CCPM), and the Agile process.
Training is delivered as an intermediate or advanced course based on the project management knowledge and experience of the target audience.
Topics are customized for the appropriate course level and client training requirements.
- Project planning with the Critical Path Method
- Advanced network diagram techniques for project scheduling
- Resource planning and estimating
- Cost and schedule integration
- Critical Chain Project Management and Theory of Constraints
- Impact of the Critical Chain method on scheduling dates
- Principles of the Agile approach to project management
- Project scheduling in an Agile environment
- Selecting an appropriate project methodology or hybrid approach
- Apply advanced techniques to build and maintain a project schedule
- Analyze a Critical Chain project schedule network diagram
- Compare key factors of the CPM and Agile approaches to managing projects
- Share workplace project issues and questions for the instructor’s guidance and class discussion
- Capture key course “take-aways” to help better manage project resources and schedules
Training fees are dependent on class days, delivery options, number of course sessions, and customization. Please submit the “Quick Contact” form so that we can contact you and discuss your training needs and a corresponding fee structure.